Tips on Styling My favorite Summer Pieces
I find myself exploring different prints, textures and colors during the summer season. I love mixing new trends with some of my closet staples. Below I'm sharing some of my current, favorite summer pieces and tips on how to style them. These outfits are perfect for everyday and can easily be dressed up or down. Check out how I'll be styling some of my favorite summer pieces below:
Oversized jeans are also known as mom jeans/boyfriend jeans, have been an on-going trend. I recently got rid of so many skinny jeans and I’m all about the baggy/oversized vibe. My favorite way to style baggy, light washed jeans is with a tight fitting shirt tucked in; either a crop top or a bodysuit paired with a fun pointed heel or a summer sandal. While it’s a simple outfit, adding a blazer or accessories can instantly transform the look.
1. A light wash jean or a dark blue jean is a closet essential and can go from day to night.
2. A statement belt is a way to bring more shape to your body.
3. Cuff or roll the hem to bring a different look to your outfit.
Biker shorts are the summer version of leggings and are everywhere lately. Especially in the warm weather, you’re able to keep cool but still feel comfy and put together. The perfect go-to summer outfit would be a matching biker short set with a simple sneaker or heeled sandal.
1. Top your bike shorts with a slip dress for a 90’s vibe ootd.
2. Keep it simple with an oversized button-down shirt.
3. Dress it down with sneakers or up with chic heels or sandals.
The 90's are clearly back and instead of silk slip dresses, it’s all about silk skirts. A silk skirt is a versatile item that can be worn on a casual day out and easily transformed to a night out outfit. A fun printed skirt with heeled sandals is an outfit I will find myself wearing all summer long and for someone that rarely ever wears skirts, I’m loving this trend.
1. Waistband is key, when searching for the perfect silk skirt make sure the waistband is
flattering on your body.
2. The hemline should stop somewhere between the top of the calf and the ankle.
3. Off-shades, such as rust orange, powder blue, lime green, and brown, are the easiest colors to pair other pieces in your wardrobe.
Blazers are not only jackets that can be worn to an office job but can styled outside of the hours of 9 AM- 5 PM. In the summer, I love pairing oversized blazers with shorts and a belt bag. There are so many great lightweight and linen options for the warm weather.
1. Don’t be afraid of the oversized blazer trend!
2. Men blazers sometimes have a better fit and I always find myself stealing Anthony’s blazers.
3. Cuff or scrunch the sleeves for a more casual look
Summer is the perfect time to experiment with more color, prints, and matching sets. Matching sets make me feel instantly put together! I love the floral set I’m wearing above because of the flowy skirt with the high slit and the simple crop top. The top and skirt look great together but can also be worn separately.
1. Bold pattern-on-pattern style is definitely eye-catching so style with a simple bag and shoe.
2. Going out? Layer on the accessories!
3. Don’t forget you can mix and match, both pieces don’t always have be to worn together.
What are some of your favorite trends that you're excited to style this summer? Comment below!