beauty daily favs
I’m definitely not an expert on beauty products, but I’ve been getting e-mails on what I suggest for a skincare routine – here’s a few of my beauty and skincare favs:
1. Cetaphil: I never skip washing my face, using this morning and night. It doesn’t dry out my skin and I can’t leave home without it when I travel.
2. Kate Somerville ExfoliKate: I use this once a week to exfoliate and I love how it brightens my skin tone.
3. Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night: I really aim for my skin to always feel hydrated and this not only evens out the texture of my skin, but I wake up with my face feeling refreshed (hopefully it’s not just in my head).
4. CeraVe Lotion One thing I always do is protect my skin from the sun, which is why I love this daily lotion because it provides an SPF 30 under my foundation.
5. Koh Gen Doh Maifanshi Moisture Foundation: I did my own makeup for my wedding and I wanted a liquid foundation that would last all day but still lightweight and dewy. I discovered this about 5 months before my big day and have been obsessed ever since.
6. Cle de Peau Concealer: This is by far my favorite concealer, especially for under my eyes. It’s a little pricey for the size but usually lasts me about 9 months – definitely worth the investment.
7. Benefit highlighter: I really like the very faint shimmer of this highlighter for my cheekbones.
8. Hourglass Film Noir Eyeliner: On days I wear eyeliner, this is the only brand I’ve found that doesn’t irritate my eyes and goes on really smooth.
9. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara: This has been my favorite for years and I’ve never felt the need to splurge on a different brand.
10. Nirvana Black This is literally amazing and I use it everyday, layered over by other favorite BCBG scent that is now discontinued (thank goodness I stocked up before). In my book the Olsens can do no wrong… their fragrances are just perfect.